There are dozens of tools available for authoring, publishing, and sharing your OER. Consider the following questions when selecting a tool:
1. What technology platforms am I already comfortable using?
2. Do I want to learn to use a new tool as I author my OER?
3. What technology platforms are my audience most comfortable using? Will authoring or publishing in a particular platform require them to learn a new tool?
4. If someone wants to reuse or adapt my content, will it be simple for them to do that with the format(s) I've made available?
5. Do I have budget to pay for access to a tool or for advanced features in an otherwise free tool?