Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Innovation Lab of the MSU Libraries
The MSU Libraries Innovation Lab is currently focused on learning about and creating content (research, software, audiovisual, and 3D objects) for augmented (AR) and virtual (VR) reality computing platforms, with some 3D fabrication capability for visualization and prototyping. The Lab provides access to:
- 1 Alienware Area 51 workstation running the Unity development platform for VR and AR,
- 1 Alienware workstation with an HTC Vive VR headset,
- 2 Oculus Quest standalone VR headsets (also available for checkout soon)
- 1 iMac Pro with Apple's Pro Apps for Education Bundle (Final Cut Pro, Logic, Compressor, and Motion ), Adobe Creative Cloud, and Apple's XCode developer tools for authoring 3D and 360° immersive video content and AR/VR apps for iPhone and iPad,
- 2 27" 5K iMacs with the same compliment of software as the iMac Pro,
- 2 21.5" 4K iMacs with XCode,
- 9 (currently for use in Lab-use or checkout) 2018 9.7" iPads, along with 5 Apple Pencils and 9 Logitech Crayons,
- 1 AR Sandbox,
- 1 Monoprice MP10 3D Printer (PLA filament, employee-operated),
- 1 Monoprice Delta Pro 3D Printer (PLA filament, employee-operated),
- 1 A Stratasys uPrint SE (ABS Filament, employee-operated),
- 1 GlowForge Pro (employee-operated),
- 2 Raspberry Pi development kits (also available for checkout soon),
We will also be adding the Unreal Development Kit (UDK) and Autodesk 3D authoring applications (AutoCAD, Mudbox, 3DSMax, Maya, Fusion 360, Inventor, etc.). where possible, to the Innovation Lab systems soon.
If you would like to schedule a tour of the lab, or learn more about access, please email us.